>> Scroll down for a free hand lettered PDF download from this episode
Comparing yourself to others keeps you from creating. We all spend way too much time beating ourselves up and thinking about how we’re lacking or how we should be better. This stops us from spending time building, creating and doing the things that we actually enjoy.
But I want you to know that you are amazing, just as you are. We’re all guilty of comparing ourselves to the mom on Instagram with the clean house or the Pinterest perfect birthday party. But I want to encourage you today to center yourself and distance yourself from the trap of comparison stacking.
I made a video and a collage of my 5 Steps to Addressing Comparison.
You can download a free copy of the steps below:
In this episode, I talk about how I realized I was comparison stacking and why we compare ourselves with other people. I discuss paying attention to the things you find you’re comparing yourself (and your worth) to and why you shouldn’t look for your worth in being “good” at certain activities.
What you’ll find in this episode:
- A creative memory from last summer
- How I realized I was comparison stacking
- Why we compare ourselves with other people
- How to center yourself so you don’t allow comparing to weigh heavily on you
- Why you need to pay attention to what you’re comparing with a lot
- Why you should avoid the belief that your worth relies on being good at something
- An exercise you can do when you find yourself comparison stacking
Read the transcript of the episode below:
Ready for a fun activity to feel less stress? Come get our FREE Guide - 5 Creative Steps to Less Stress & More Joy while it's still available!
I hope that my podcast has left you feeling inspired and excited to create the life that you want. If you’ve enjoyed listening to this podcast, I’d love for you to subscribe so you can continue to hear more. Want to get to know me better? Connect with me on my website or on Instagram to keep up with everything that is going on with me and my business.