When you encourage your kids to get creative it’s important to let them take the lead. Introduce them to supplies, options and ideas but know that you don’t have to force it. I’ve noticed from creating with my own children that sometimes, it’s our own expectations around what a creative activity will look like that leads us to disappointment.
There are a few things you can do to make creating with kids less stressful and more fun! Take some time to let go of those expectations and instead focus on creating intentional thoughts about the activity you’re encouraging them to take part in. Knowing your “why” around getting the kids together to create will help you to get through some of those annoyances that happen along the way.
In this episode, you’ll hear the tips that help me when creating with my own children. I chat about finding the right creative learning style for creating for each of your kids and the importance of the words you speak. Remember, it’s okay if it’s not perfect, it’s okay if it’s messy and it’s even okay if you or your kids get frustrated!
What you’ll find in this episode:
- A mindful moment breathing exercise
- My story about trying to create with my daughter
- Why you should take a moment and pay attention to expectations
- The reasons you need to make intentional thoughts around creating
- Tips that help me when creating with my kids
- How to find what’s right for each of your children: open-ended vs. step by step
- Why you should be mindful about the dialogue around your creations and your kid’s creations
Read the transcript of the episode below:
Ready for a fun activity to feel less stress? Come get our FREE Guide - 5 Creative Steps to Less Stress & More Joy while it's still available!
I hope that my podcast has left you feeling inspired and excited to create the life that you want. If you’ve enjoyed listening to this podcast, I’d love for you to subscribe so you can continue to hear more. Want to get to know me better? Connect with me on my website or on Instagram to keep up with everything that is going on with me and my business.