Intro to hand lettering & faux calligraphy course
This area is used to describe your video’s details.
LET'S START AT THE BEGINNING.
Have you seen beautiful lettering everywhere and are ready to learn it yourself?
In this extensive course, we will walk through every single step that you need to know to become a fantastic hand letterer.
The best way to learn lettering
My friend Addi and I created this course after teaching in-person workshops (like Pinners Conference!) We always wanted to dive deeper, but a multi-night commitment for our students is tough to do so we came up with the idea to put our instructions online.
With our online classroom you can take as long as you need to master each section. Watch the course as many times as you like, your access never expires.
Plus, we're able to zoom in on our work as we go so you can see where we put our hands, how we hold the markers, and when we pause or shift for each letter.
This is the best way to learn because it's so flexible, you can fit this in your life.
An inspirational hobby
Oh, the many things we love about lettering! It has become an outlet for creativity, an escape from day-to-day tasks to a place to focus on meaningful words and thoughts.
This is a hobby you can take with you wherever you go. It's easy to share, and it adds beauty to the world around you.
Here are just a few ideas on how to add lettering to your life:
- Practice lettering a quote that brings you joy - make lettering a mindful exercise
- Add beauty to a gift by lettering a personal gift tag or card
- Personalize an event by creating your own placecards
- Celebrate by creating a birthday banner, a birth announcement, or graduation
- Decorate your space with your own lettering art (see the flourishing section)
Let's walk through the course
This Course is broken up into 10 Chapters (plus a Bonus Lesson!) Each Chapter includes a video tutorial, and throughout the course you'll find many downloadable templates and tracing sheets that you can print out to use and practice with!
Chapter 1: Let's Party!
1. Video Lesson - Addi & Lisa welcome you to class!
2. Welcome to Intro to Hand Lettering & Faux Calligraphy
3. Class Supply List (2:51)
Chapter 2: Let's Talk Paper
1. Video Lesson - Paper Overview
2. A Closer Look at that Paper (7:05)
Chapter 3: All About Pens
1. Video Lesson - Learn About Our Favorite Pens!
2. Complete List of all Our Favorite Pens. (6:12)
Chapter 4: Anatomy of Letter Shapes
1. Download - Diagram to Print & Follow Along
2. Video Lesson - The Anatomy of Letter Shapes
3. Review - Lettering Lingo to Get You Started (3:07)
Chapter 5: Sans Serif Capital Letters
1. Download - Sans Serif Capital Guide Sheet
2. Video Lesson - Sans Serif Capital Letter Overview
3. Review - Sans Serif Capitals (3:07)
Chapter 6: Serif Capital Letters
1. Download - Serif Capital Guide Sheet
2. Video Lesson - Let's Talk Serifs
3. Review - Serif Capitals (24:31)
Chapter 7: Script Alphabet & Creating the Calligraphy Look
1. Download - Script Guide Sheets
2. Video Lesson - Script Alphabet, Here We Come!
3. Review - This is it - That Beatiful Cursive You've Been Waiting to Create! (29:28)
Chapter 8: Let's Connect Those Letters Together!
1. Download - How to Connect Every Single Letter
2. Video Lesson - How to Connect All Letters Together For That Modern Calligraphy Look
3. Review - Connecting is Key (27:27)
Chapter 9: Making Those Letters Dance Like Modern Calligraphy
1. Download - Blank Lined Sheets to Use For This Module
2. Video Lesson - The Dancing Baseline
3. Review - Making Those Letters Dance Beautifully (10:14)
Chapter 10: You Did It!
1. Video Lesson - Recap & Farewell
2. Review - We're So Proud! (2:36)
Bonus Lesson: Flourishing Guide - 5 Steps to Creating Beautiful Flourishes
1. Video Lesson - Amazing Flourishing Tips to Get You Started!
2. Review - Flourishing is so Fun and These Tips Will Help You so Much!
3. Download - 3 Independent Flourishes (14:23)
Like having me by your side
Easy to Start
We'll teach you step-by-step, no previous experience (or good handwriting) necessary. You control the pace, so watch a section as many times as you need to get comfortable with each skill.
No Expensive Materials
Faux calligraphy is taught using markers, not expensive brush pens. This has several advantages - Markers are typically easier to find and cost much much less than brush pens, and they are easier to use! With our faux calligraphy methodology you'll be able to start faster.
We've literally had hundreds of people complete this course. Our in-person experience is critical because we know what questions people would ask and so we've been able to work those into the material.
Intro to Hand-Lettering & Faux Calligraphy Online Course
This Intro to Hand Lettering & Faux Calligraphy Online Course includes 10 value-packed Chapters (plus a Bonus) detailing how to get started with faux calligraphy. The course also includes a Supplies List, Links, and 7 PDF Downloads for you to print out and trace as you follow along.
You get lifetime access to the course and can watch as many times as you need (and on as many devices as you'd like.)
This is a digital product. Your access to the course and the downloads will be emailed to you after your purchase. No physical products will be shipped to you.