Do you know what your best tool for creating is? It may not be quite what you think… actually, I think it may surprise you.
Your brain is one of the most powerful tools that you have for getting creative. Think about it. Have you ever struggled to start a creative project? You wanted to try something new but your brain was telling you, “I am not good enough to do XYZ.” Well, that may be because our brains have been conditioned since the beginning of time to use these default settings: seek pleasure, avoid pain, preserve energy.
In this episode, you’ll hear my own experience of how my brain was hindering me from learning how to use a new brush pen. I discuss why you should learn more about your brain and why you should let go of the features of the brain that aren’t serving you anymore. You’ll also hear how you can experience life differently once you learn how your brain operates.
What you’ll find in this episode:
- Her disappointment of using a pen she thought would turn her cursive into calligraphy
- Why she took a break from attempting to use that brush pen and what made her decide to give it another try
- How your brain is the most important tool for creating
- How your thoughts and feelings frame your outlook on everything that you go through
- Why you should learn more about your brain and let go of features that aren’t serving you
Read the transcript of the episode below:
Ready for a fun activity to feel less stress? Come get our FREE Guide - 5 Creative Steps to Less Stress & More Joy while it's still available!
I hope that my podcast has left you feeling inspired and excited to create the life that you want. If you’ve enjoyed listening to this podcast, I’d love for you to subscribe so you can continue to hear more. Want to get to know me better? Connect with me on my website or on Instagram to keep up with everything that is going on with me and my business.