029: Starting ImperfectlyLisa Funk @ 2021-01-11 13:50:02 -0700
When you want to start a new creative endeavor or hobby, sometimes the hardest part can be just that - getting started!
We tend to put so much pressure on ourselves and the idea of being “perfect” at lettering, cooking, singing, gardening or whatever hobby we want to start that we sabotage ourselves before even trying it.
In this episode, I want to encourage you to go in with the idea of starting imperfectly! I talk about why this will help you overcome fears as you’re trying out new hobbies and how to practice more self-compassion through the process.
What you’ll find in this episode:
- Why you have to treasure the little flecks of gold in your days
- The phases of starting a new hobby
- Why you need to pay attention to what your brain is thinking
- The benefits of creativity
- Why you should plan on the first time to be imperfect
- One of the biggest mantras I am adopting in my life
- Why you have to adopt self-compassion
Ready for a fun activity to feel less stress? Come get our FREE Guide - 5 Creative Steps to Less Stress & More Joy while it's still available!
I hope that my podcast has left you feeling inspired and excited to create the life that you want. If you’ve enjoyed listening to this podcast, I’d love for you to subscribe so you can continue to hear more. Want to get to know me better? Connect with me on my website or on Instagram to keep up with everything that is going on with me and my business.